Thursday 27 August 2015

Today has been both brilliant and bad! I will get to the bad bit later, although you may guess what it has to do with as you read on. This morning we headed into the town for breakfast at Crockett's Breakfast Camp, they sure have a large variety of breakfast here with pancakes and waffles high on the menu. We then headed up into the Smokey Mountains and drove round one of the National Park routes, we were going to do a reasonably short trek to a waterfall but could find nowhere to park, obviously a very popular destination. We stopped at a little art and craft place and managed to get a map of the touring routes of the mountain. After checking it out Lee said he would drive up up to Clingman's Dome which is 6643 ft high. A breathtaking drive up really good, if rather bendy roads, with pretty sheer drops. The views on the way up were fantastic but when we reached the top we, and the mountains were shrouded in the clouds. Then the sun started to come through and the clouds began to lift and the view appear, the most magical thing I have ever seen. At this point I will apologize for no pictures of the event, will explain in a bit.
After that fabulous trip we set of for Foxfire Mountain where we were booked in for a two hour zip line experience. We started on a short practice run then they got longer and higher, we did seven zips in all. Kate did really well, a gutsy little girl, and we all had fun. Now comes the bad bit of the day. My trousers have very deep pockets so I decided to take my camera (Now you will guess the rest) I didn't even take it out until the last two lines, took a could of pictures of the others setting off. On the last line I put the camera, I thought, in my pocket, but sadly had obviously tucked it inside the leg support strap! Patty saw it fall! The guides were lovely and went off to try and find it, but they were unsuccessful. Such a pity that I have got the pictures of the mountain top, I had even taken a video of the clouds lifting! Ah well, it is done now. The family will send me pictures but I won't be able to transfer them until I am home.
This evening we caught the trolley into town and went to Pedlers Steak House where we have a very nice meal.

2 comments:

  1. On the upside, you get to buy a new camera 😀

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I can find a camera shop 'sown south'! x

    ReplyDelete